Welcome to our latest blog series: ESTATE 8 Recipes! Bringing you delicious food and wine pairings from our private estate in the heart of Napa Valley, our team is excited to share recipes from our kitchen to yours. First up is a scrumptious fondue recipe from Megan Robinson Kloberdanz, our Art Director at ONEHOPE. Inspired by a meal she discovered while snowshoeing in the mountains this winter, she decided to adapt this recipe for some springtime cheesy bliss.
By serving fondue with a beautiful platter of fresh spring veggies, your guests can indulge without the guilt. The wine pairings for fondue are endless, but we love it with some great bubbles or a semi-sweet white like our Gewurztraminer. The wines combined with our mouth-watering fondue will make the perfect addition to your Easter, Passover, or spring entertaining spreads. Cheers!
-1 clove garlic (peeled and mashed)
-⅓ cup dry, white wine
-8 oz Gruyere cheese (cubed or shredded)
-8 oz Swiss cheese (cubed or shredded)
-8 oz Gouda (not smoked, cubed or shredded)
-1 pinch grated nutmeg
-Freshly ground black pepper
-1 tsp. Lemon juice
-1 tbs. cornstarch
Vegetable Platter For Dipping:
-Fresh green beans
-Sugar snap peas
-Cucumbers (cut into spears)
-Baby redskin potatoes (boiled)
-Heirloom carrots (peeled & greens removed)
-Cauliflower (assorted colors)
-Watermelon radishes (very thinly sliced)
-Broccoli Rabe (leaves removed)
-French bread (cut into cubes)
-Edible flowers for garnish
- Combine the garlic, wine, lemon juice, cornstarch, Gruyere, Swiss & Gouda cheeses in a medium sauce pan. Stir occasionally until the cheeses begin to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Add a generous pinch of pepper and nutmeg, stirring gently until creamy and smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and serve with vegetable platter and wine. Cheers!
For Vegetable Platter:
- Scrub and boil potatoes while preparing remaining vegetables.
- Fill a shallow pot or pan with water and bring to a boil. Drop asparagus in water and blanch (3-4 minutes) until bright green. Remove promptly and transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Peel carrots and trim greens, thinly slice radishes, trim broccoli rabe, slice Kielbasa, separate and trim cauliflower florets, and slice cucumbers into spears.
- PLATING: Transfer boiled potatoes to a small bowl and anchor your board with cucumber spears in opposite corners. Place carrots in remaining two corners. Start filling in your board with beans, asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, pea pods, and kielbasa, grouping together. Slide radishes into any blank spaces and garnish with edible florals.
- Cube French bread and transfer to a small basket.
- Serve with skewers for easy dipping and your favorite wine. Cheers!
Pour it Forward this Spring
We hope your spring is full of beautiful blooms and wonderful wines. If you’re looking to stock up on your favorite wines that give back this season, shop our large collection of reds, whites, rosés, and sparkling wines here!
The ONEHOPE Wine Team