Whether you’re hosting a girls night in, an elegant dinner party, or are simply looking for some new recipes to spice things up, ONEHOPE has you covered. Take a look at our Hope at Home summer recipes that are easy to throw together, full of flavor, and great for entertaining!
By: Chef Carlo Cavallo, www.chefcarlocavallo.com
Makes 12 oysters
- 12 oysters shucked, shells reserved
- 2 cups flour
- 3 large eggs whipped
- 2 tbsp. half and half
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 inch olive oil in the bottom of the pan
- 6 slices Parma prosciutto (cut in half)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ cups of baby spinach
- 4 oz. Sambuca
- Set up a dredging station with 3 shallow bowls or dishes: 1st bowl is flour, 2nd bowl is egg and half and half, 3rd bowl is panko breadcrumbs.
- Add enough oil to a heavy skillet (with 3″-4″ sides) to reach about 1″ in depth and heat to 325°. (Use a thermometer for correct reading)
- Dredge the oysters in the flour, followed by the egg and half and half, and finally the panko mixture. Transfer the oysters to the pan, cooking no more than 3-4 at a time for about 1-1 ½ minutes on each side. Transfer oysters to a tray lined with paper towels and continue with the rest of the oysters.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, melt the butter, add the Sambuca and spinach, cook until the spinach is completely wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the fried oyster in the shell, top with a tablespoon of spinach and a half slice of prosciutto.
Wild Mushroom, pesto and Brie pizza
By Chef Carlo Cavallo, www.chefcarlocavallo.com
- 4 oz. refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 (4 oz.) packages fresh exotic mushroom blend (sliced thin)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup of ONEHOPE Vintner Collection California Chardonnay
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp. pesto
- 4 oz. sliced brie
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, fresh mushrooms and garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add ONEHOPE Chardonnay and continue to cook until all the wine is absorbed by the mushrooms. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll the dough into a 10-12 in. circle. Spread the pesto over the dough leaving about 1 inch for the crust. Top with wild mushrooms and brie slices.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown. Approximately 14-16 minutes.
Carne Asada Tacos
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, minced
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. New York strip or flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 16 (7-inch) corn tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Goat cheese
- In a medium nonreactive bowl mash the garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil. Stir the marinade to combine.
- Place the steak in a large baking dish and pour the marinade evenly over top. Wrap the steak in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or for up to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl combine the Sriracha and the mayonnaise to make an aioli. Set aside.
- Prepare the grill or ridged grilling pan for direct cooking over medium-high heat (about 400°F.)
- Remove the steak from the marinade, and season evenly on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak over medium-high heat until cooked to medium-rare doneness, 5 to 7 minutes per side, turning once. Place the steak on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak on the diagonal across the grain.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet or on the grill, until toasty and pliable, about 30 seconds, turning once. To assemble the tacos, stack 2 warm tortillas, and then top with guacamole, steak, pico de gallo, Sriracha aioli, and goat cheese.
Pair With: ONEHOPE Napa Valley Petite Sirah
Pro Tip: Be sure to make the marinade ahead of time—even the night before—to allow your steak enough time to absorb the flavor.
Bay Scallop Ceviche with Plantain Chips
- 1 lb. fresh bay scallops
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and cubed (reserve avocado half shells)
- ¼ cup slivered red onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped jalapeño chile pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Plantain chips
- Fill a large skillet with water and bring to a boil. Add the scallops and poach for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl combine the poached scallops, the lime juice, and the lemon zest and juice. Chill until the scallops turn opaque, about 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the remaining ceviche ingredients and stir gently to combine. Serve in the reserved avocado half shells with plantain chips on the side.
Pro Tip: Bay scallops are up to three times smaller than sea scallops, with a sweeter flavor and a tender, more buttery texture. Because of their petite size, bay scallops cook very quickly.
Rosemary Chicken Skewers with Citrus Couscous Salad
- 1½ cups fresh orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 10-ounce package couscous
- ½ cup orange segments
- ½ cup grapefruit segments
- ½ cup shaved fennel
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. finely minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- In a medium saucepan bring the orange juice, water, and 1 tsp. salt to a boil. Gradually stir in the couscous. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and scoop the cooked couscous into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining couscous salad ingredients with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add to the cooked couscous and toss well to combine.
- In a medium bowl combine the marinade ingredients with ¼ cup olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. Pepper.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (about 350˚F).
- Thread the chicken onto 6 to 8 skewers, leaving a little space between each piece to allow for even cooking. Discard the marinade. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill the skewers over direct medium heat until the meat is firm, golden, and grill-marked, 15 to 20 minutes, turning and basting occasionally with olive oil.
- Serve the chicken over the couscous salad and garnish with microgreens.
Pair With: ONEHOPE Côtes de Provence Reserve Rosé
Pro Tip: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling to help prevent them from burning.
Pour it Forward this Summer
We hope you love these scrumptious recipes as much as we do! With ONEHOPE, you can entertain and pour it forward since there’s a measurable impact with every purchase. Stock up and save on these tasty seasonal pairings by becoming a preferred customer. Donate an extra 10% to a cause of your choice, save up to 20% on 6 and 12 packs, enjoy $10 flat rate shipping on 6 and 12 packs, plus receive exclusive access to offers throughout the year. It pays to be preferred.