Happy Cinco de Mayo! This year, try out our homemade spicy sparkling margarita recipe with a bubbly twist, courtesy of the ONEHOPE test kitchen in Napa! Once you try this delicious cocktail, we guarantee you’ll never go back to a store bought mix again.
- 2 tbsp. + ¼ cup fresh lime juice, separated
- 2 tbsp. maldon sea salt
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- ¼ cup silver tequila
- ¼ cup Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- ⅛ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- ONEHOPE Italian Prosecco
- 1 lime, sliced (for garnish)
- 1 orange, sliced (for garnish)
- Pour 2 tbsp. of fresh lime juice on a small plate, and add the kosher salt and lime zest on a separate small plate. Dip the rim of each serving glass in the lime juice, and then the salt mixture. Fill each glass with ice and a slice each of both lime and orange.
- Combine ¼ cup lime juice, tequila, triple sec, agave nectar, orange juice, and 4-6 jalapeño slices in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 15 seconds. Using a strainer, pour mixture equally between both glasses, (each should be about half full). Top with ONEHOPE Italian Prosecco!
Cheers! We hope you have a wonderful Cinco de Mayo filled with amazing dishes and spicy margs!
-The ONEHOPE Wine Team