The fireplace is crackling, the Christmas tree lights are twinkling, and the holiday season is upon us! What better way to celebrate than with a creamy, decadent cocktail and a tasty appetizer?
If you’ve yet to try a wine version of a classic holiday nog, get ready to sip something truly special. This dessert beverage will have you wondering why sparkling wine was ever left out in the first place! The bubbles add a surprising fizz to this festive treat, and it’s the perfect finish to your holiday celebration.
Time: 5 minutes
- 4 scoops vanilla bean gelato
- 1 pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg (plus a tad more for garnish)
- 2 shots Kahlúa Coffee Liqueur
- 1 cup ONEHOPE Vintner Brut
- Combine gelato, cinnamon, nutmeg, Kahlúa, and Brut in a blender and blend for 20 seconds, until smooth & creamy.
- Pour into sparkling coupes, and garnish with another sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg.
Cranberry Brie Bites
Gather your fellow sip-sters and sip-sirs together in the kitchen to make this super simple starter. The puff pastry is flaky and buttery and fun to work with, especially while sipping on the pairing for this dish—our 90 point rated Vintner Collection California Pinot Noir.
Makes: 16 bites
Time: 45 minutes
Cranberry Jam (makes about ½ cup jam)
- 1 cup cranberries
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- Zest of ½ orange
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice (about ½ orange)
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, and let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir every few minutes and use a potato masher to crush cranberries. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, using a spoon to press the jam through.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- All-purpose flour (for rolling out dough)
- 8 oz brie cheese
- Cranberry jam (recipe above)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle flour onto a flat surface, and roll dough to ⅛ inch thick. Cut into squares that are 4” x 4”. Add ½ tbsp. each of brie cheese and cranberry jam. Bring together all 4 corners and pinch together (we like to hold the corners together by using toothpicks to ensure pastry stays together when baking).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve while warm.
Try it at home this holiday season and tag us on social @onehope so we can see your cocktail creations!
Cheers & Happy Holidays!
The ONEHOPE Wine Team