It’s summer, which can only mean one thing: spritzer season. For your next Sunday Funday, we recommend leveling up your sparkling drinks with one of our flavorful new spritzer recipes. They’re easy, refreshing, and will leave all your guests thinking: Aperol who?
Whether you’re a red, white, or sparkling wine drinker—we’ve got a recipe you’ll love, infused with seasonal fruits and, of course, our award-winning wines.
Cucumber + Mint Spritzer with Sparkling Brut
In this recipe, the mild and lightly sweet flavor of cucumbers blends beautifully with the lingering and subtly strong flavor of mint. As the days get a little bit longer, whip up a batch of these spritzers for special outdoor gatherings with friends and family.
Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat for 2-3 minutes, just until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, let cool, and steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove mint leaves from mixture and store in an airtight container.
- 1 long thin cucumber garnish (use a vegetable peeler)
- Cubed Ice
- ½ shot gin
- 1 ½ tbsp. mint simple syrup
- ½ cup Vintner Collection Sparkling Brut
- Fill serving glass with ice, and add cucumber between the ice and the glass.
- Add gin and simple syrup and top with sparkling brut.
Late Summer Spritzer with Pinot Noir
When the summer season comes around, so too, does our bounty of blackberries. In the late summer, one of our favorite ways to utilize these blackberries is for a fruit-forward and refreshing cocktail. In this recipe, fresh blackberries combine with tangy lime juice, fizzy tonic water, sweet honey, and our Vintner Pinot Noir for an out-of-this-world combination. We serve this one with pizza from our wood-burning pizza oven…and all is right in the world.
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 4 blackberries
- Juice from ½ of a lime
- 1 tsp. honey
- ⅓ cup ONEHOPE Vintner Pinot Noir
- ½ cup tonic water
- In the serving glass, muddle together the blackberries, lime juice and & honey. Add merlot and tonic water and fill the glass with ice.
- Garnish with whole blackberries & a slice of lime
Limoncello Spritzer with Prosecco
Whether you’re trying to beat the heat in the desert of Arizona or the New York Highline, this refreshing spritzer will immediately transport you to the Amalfi Coast of Italy. The crisp and dry nature of Prosecco is perfectly sweetened with a dash of limoncello and the tart Italian soda. We know you’ll be mixing these up all summer long.
- ½ shot limoncello
- ½ cup ONEHOPE Prosecco
- ½ cup lemon Italian soda
- Lemon slice (for garnish)
- Fill serving glass with ice.
- Add limoncello, Prosecco, and Italian soda. Tightly fix a cocktail shaker on top of the glass, and shake for 5 seconds. Pour cocktail back into serving glass and garnish with the lemon slice.
From all of us at ONEHOPE, wishing you the best of summer sunday fundays! Cheers!