Celebrate the end of summer and beginning of fall with a Grilled Peach and Corn Salad!
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
4 ears corn, shucked
4 peaches, cut into wedges
Salt and pepper, freshly ground
2 tablespoons red wine vengar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup crumbled feta
4 cups baby arugula
1/2 jalapeno pepper, halved, seeded thinly sliced *optional
Suggested Wine Pairing: ONEHOPE Riesling leads with aromas of honeysuckle flower and peach blossom on the nose. With a fruity flavor profile of white peach, mango and pear, it’s the perfect compliment to the grilled peach, corn and feta in this delicious salad.
1. Heat grill to medium/high heat.
2. Lightly drizzle some olive oil on the corn and peaches and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Place corn on bottom rack of grill and turn periodically until grill and char marks develop (10-15 minutes).
4. After corn has been grilling for 5 minutes, place peaches on the top rack of grill and turn periodically until grill and char marks develop (5-8 minutes). Remove corn and peaches from grill, allowing them cool slightly.
5. Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper and jalapeno (optional).
6. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut remove kernels from cob. Add corn, sliced peaches, almonds and feta to to your bowl with the dressing and toss to coat.
7. Add arugula to salad bowls and top with peach and corn salad.
8. Serve with a chilled glass of ONEHOPE Riesling. Cheers!
9. Recipe adapted from here.
The ONEHOPE Team