“The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” – Wallace Stevens
From backyard barbecues to outdoor dinners with friends, gathering around delicious food and wine is one of the most memorable parts of the summer season.
Whether you’re sipping a glass of chilled rosé in the afternoon sunshine or indulging in a hearty glass of red under the stars, wine and warm weather go hand-in-hand. Add these recipes to your lineup and let the summer soirée begin.
Melon Ball and Prosciutto Salad with Lemon-Mint Vinaigrette
Ideal for outdoor dinner parties
A surprising vinaigrette of fresh mint sweetened by honey meets the summer flavors of watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew melon in this delightful recipe. Once combined with pearl-sized mozzarella balls, prosciutto, and fresh baby arugula—this versatile and simple recipe will quickly become a seasonal favorite. Pair this salad with a crisp glass or two of our Vintner Pinot Grigio.
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small seedless watermelon, balled
- ½ cantaloupe, seeded and balled
- ½ honeydew melon, seeded and balled
- 1 8-ounce container pearl-sized mozzarella balls
- 8–10 slices of prosciutto, torn into large pieces
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula
- To make the vinaigrette, add the mint, zest from 1 lemon, ¼ cup lemon juice, and honey to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the leaves are chopped.
- Slowly pour the oil through the feeder tube with the machine running. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, mozzarella, and prosciutto.
- To serve, spread the arugula on a large platter and arrange the melon, mozzarella, and prosciutto mixture on top. Pour the vinaigrette over and serve immediately.
A delicious warm-weather drink
Whether you’re trying to beat the heat in the desert of Arizona or the New York Highline, this refreshing spritzer will immediately transport you to the Amalfi Coast of Italy. The crisp and dry nature of Prosecco is perfectly sweetened with a dash of limoncello and the tart Italian soda. We know you’ll be mixing these up all summer long.
- ½ shot limoncello
- ½ cup ONEHOPE Prosecco
- ½ cup lemon Italian soda
- Lemon slice (for garnish)
- Fill serving glass with ice.
- Add limoncello, Prosecco, and Italian soda. Tightly fix a cocktail shaker on top of the glass, and shake for 5 seconds. Pour cocktail back into serving glass and garnish with the lemon slice.
From all of us at ONEHOPE, wishing you the best of summer sipping! Cheers!